This article, Adil, is property of Chechensichkeria. Please do not edit without permission.
Adil (Chinese: 阿迪爾; Xiao'erjing: اَدِعَر), also known as Rasul (Chinese: 拉蘇爾; Xiao'erjing: لَاسُوعَر) and Adiljan (阿迪爾健; "Adil the dear") is a fan character of The Legend of Korra series and the main protagonist of the fanon short story, The City of Bridges.
Physical Appearance Edit
Early Life (141-158 AG) Edit
Adil was born in Republic City in 141 AG to father Erkin and mother Patime. His parents were non-bender immigrants from the Si Wong Desert of the eastern Earth Kingdom who arrived in the United Republic for occupational opportunities. Adil was of Beetle-headed merchant ancestry on both sides of his family, and his parents, both children of prominent mercantile families, were wedded through a strategic arranged marriage. While Erkin specialised in knife and dagger craftsmanship, Patime was a weaver and hat maker. Adil was the couple's only child.
Adil's father was known for his talent with the dutar, a unique instrument found only in Si Wong Desert and the western Earth Kingdom.
The City of Bridges (158 AG) Edit
- Adil (عادل) means "just" or "fair" in Arabic.
- He is inspired by several real Middle Eastern/Arab rappers such as Palestinian Shadia Mansour and Tunisian Hamada Ben Amor, while his family is inspired by Uyghur and Turkic culture.
- Because he was a non-bender, Adil carried a sheathed Yengisar knife (a Uyghur short dagger) with him at all times as means of protection.
- The dagger was an heirloom from his father's mercantile family in the Si Wong.
- ↑ In my fanon, the people of the Si Wong Desert (i.e. Sandbender Tribes and Beetle-headed merchants) use form of the Arabic script to write instead of the traditional Chinese one found in the Earth Kingdom or elsewhere. The system is based on a real Perso-Arabic script (Xiao'erjing) used by Chinese Muslims.
- ↑ https://www.behindthename.com/name/adil
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/عادل